Saturday, May 9, 2009

Who Are You?

So, Mr. D has been nice lately. Unusually nice. To me.

So nice that I didn't want to say something and call his attention to it if he wasn't aware and then maybe he'd stop.

But so nice that I wanted to bring up how good it feels to be treated nicely.

I said something. He said, "I know, I've been trying." Hmmm, wonder what made him "try."

I'll take it. But. It's puzzling. If you have to consciously TRY to be nice to, oh I don't know, the person you are married to, it seems like something's wrong.

To be continued. Ha, we'll see what he does next.

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you're finally getting some respect!!!! praying that it becomes his way of life instead of an effort. you're totally worth it! happy mother's day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I encourage you to not look for a reason for everything. Instead of being suspicious of his wording, recognize that he said he is trying, and appreciate the effort. Maybe you will both be able to relax more and see things more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so get where you are at.. what you are feeling..Kinda like is this for real.. or just a dream..

    Huge Huge & a Beautiful Mother's Day!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete