Friday, April 10, 2009

In Another Life...

I'll be married to someone who is crazy about me.

I'll fall in love with someone who is just as in love with me as I am him.

My husband will not just SAY he respects me, he will act like it.

There will be flowers.

There will be romance.

There will be passion.

There will be token surprises and love notes.

The kisses will linger more often than not.

My husband will think I'm beautiful.

My husband will think I'm beautiful when I'm pregnant.

My husband will act like he's proud I'm carrying his child.

My husband will learn, know and use white lies instead of being BRUTALLY honest.

I won't fear divorce.

I will be secure in the thought that once the kids are raised, we'll still be together.

When he has a terrible day at work, I will be my husband's shoulder to cry on, not his "screaming" post.

When he touches me, I'll feel warm and loved, not scared he's going to "play fight" too rough with me again.

He'll compliment my cooking more than once a year.

He won't tell me how annoyed he is that I'm sick.

4 comments:

  1. My heart is absolutely broken for you, you precious woman. You know that you don't deserve this. I know you are beautiful and I know you are special. I beg you not to live your life like this. You don't have to. Nothing is worth this. If you need help, I will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please google "wife abuse" or "wife abusers" so you will know what you are actually dealing with. You do not fully understand the reality of your relationship. You need to understand the truth about this before you make a decision to stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just wondering if you knew I was a Domestic Violence Counselor? I got your comment on my blog and I didn't even have to read more than this post to know what is going on... Please let me know what I can do for you --

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete