Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another Baby?

Mr. D is ready. I am not.

Our families are ready. I am not.

Friends keep asking when we are going to have another, are we done.

Of course I didn't use to think we'd be done after having the twins. But I can't help thinking what if we do split up? Wouldn't it be wrong to throw another life in the mix? Won't I be less likely to leave (if that's what I decide to do) if we have another baby? Do I want to have another child with this man???

I feel like things should stabilize before we try to have another baby. I want to see if he's "going to get better" or continue being the jerk he has been. But he is pushing to start trying.

I am considering going on birth control and not telling him.

I feel like this is wrong in some aspects. Then I also feel like it's my way of saving myself, buying time, so it's ok.

I don't want him to lie to me, but I'm going to put up a pretty big lie to him? (Omission is a form of lying--obviously I don't expect him to come out and ask me.) Should I lie?

On the other hand, if things continue or get worse, I will probably be pretty upset if I'm pregnant or have an infant and have to try to leave him.

Not sure what to do. But I have some time. My dr appt isn't for several weeks, so I will decide by then.

3 comments:

  1. bless your heart! in my humble opinion (feel free to take it or leave it!!!), i agree with your first reaction. a baby would only compound any stress that's already there. i say wait a while. praying for you every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The last thing you want is another baby in the midst of all this turmoil and indecision. Do whatever you have to do to postpone this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled across your blog, I will be praying for you

    ReplyDelete